Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 855 (Who?), Viewed: 238509 times.
Page 35 of 35
Test Subject
#851 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 12:44 AM

I have done this challenge 3 times. I love it each time. Your story made me want to try again. I think I'll take a break from my current neighborhood and get my asylum going. I can't wait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
The first time I did the asylum challenge, I plopped the inmates down into an apocalypse neighborhood to add to the story. Four inmates (2 female including my playable and 2 male) somehow survived to the end, although I left aging off in their lot while the apocalypse lineage was advancing through generations. Not bad considering the limitations of the apocalypse though.

This time, I decided to repeat the asylum challenge in an ordinary neighborhood with a whole gamut of "increased challenge" mods that I didn't have back then: more dangerous fires, lower hunger death threshold, Lamare's lot traits (includes power outages), real sickness, harder skills, higher bills, reduced salaries, and several others. It ended up being much harder than the apocalypse challenge. Not a single day went by without a storm or the power cut off and I had to keep using up what little money they had to refurnish the kitchen (and with an empty refrigerator mod, that hurt my wallet) they kept burning down. ACR may have been on full-force but they barely had time for loving.

My playable was a Knowledge female with an LTW to top the Artist career - not exactly ideal with the harder skills mod and 0 outgoing points for the required charisma. I know that there aren't actual LTWs for some of the careers, so I included them in a list and randomized from them to get a wider range of possibilities, at least for her. The other female inmates were Grilled Cheese, Knowledge, and Fortune, while the males were Romance, Family, Pleasure, and Popularity. They're all remakes of my original asylum inmates.

On the first day, Romance died in a fire he started - too bad because he was a hit with the ladies. I didn't want to risk my playable's death, so I had little choice but to call emergency services, and right on time because the phone lines died immediately afterwards. Since we were short on funds, I couldn't buy groceries for a while and another two died of hunger the next day. The ghosts rose up due to the lightning storms but they didn't manage to kill anyone.

From then on, I resolved to leave out plates of lunch meat sandwiches for the other inmates to eat in an effort to ensure their survival. Well, the constant fires plummeted just about everyone into aspiration failures they couldn't overcome; my playable was barely in the green and Grilled Cheese was somehow perpetually in platinum. Fortune went out to peddle for money and was struck by lightning, and later that night, Family got the amazing idea to walk out of the building to clean up the puddles in the yard, only to go the same way as the previous inmate.

Five down, three to go. I practically worked my sim into overdrive doing chores in the asylum to keep it running and thank goodness Grilled Cheese was inexplicably adept at housework, but Pleasure contracted food poisoning from a spoiled dish that was hidden among the garbage and died in due time, a few hours before my sim was fired due to a bad chance card.

Now only unemployed Grilled Cheese and Playable are left in debt in a rundown, haunted asylum without electricity. I wasn't playing for points, but I don't even want to think about the score right now because it must be in the negatives!

Lab Assistant
#852 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:32 PM
I never played this before. The only thing I am confused about is how long the challenge lasts. When does it end? Sorry if I missed it in rules somehow. I didn't see it when I read through them.
Forum Resident
#853 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 3:00 PM
Technically, the end would be when your playable reaches their LTW then, if you're playing for points, you tally up the score based on the events that happened. During my first run-through, I randomized my next playable from the survivors and so on until 3 out of the remaining 7 inmates barely managed to earn their freedom. I played the asylum alongside a modified apocalypse challenge and I prefer having long-term hoods, so I thought they might as well become genetic donors.

If you play the ISBI challenge, you'll actually have to do this for 10 generations with only one playable for each!
#854 Old 17th May 2018 at 4:29 AM
Finally finished it. This was my first challenge, and it was fun at first, but eventually it got boring because it was basically me trying to get at the top of a career while surrounded by a bunch of idiots.

The bathroom I made was way too tiny, everyone pissed themselves and smelled bad, no one wanted to eat but instead stand around and be hungry, all my friends complained about wanting me to make an effort...but hey, I made it! And no one died!

Anyway, I scored 306 points.
#855 Old 19th May 2018 at 4:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmingSince7
I never played this before. The only thing I am confused about is how long the challenge lasts. When does it end? Sorry if I missed it in rules somehow. I didn't see it when I read through them.

I bolded and underlined it for you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordkitty
You have been committed to a run down mental health facility against your will. In order to prove that you are fit to rejoin society and earn your freedom, you must achieve the goal your psychiatrist has set for you � your lifetime want.

Disclaimer: Underscored-spaces (like_this) in my replies/text may bother you. Space key (or shall I say button, since there's a lack of it and lost) is broken. For my own convenience, I have no choice but to utilize though.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#856 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:12 PM
I've finished mine now. After 26 days my sim has finally achieved hiw LTW although in the meantime 4 of his inmates died. I ended up with 137 points
Page 35 of 35